Saturday, April 1, 2017

An issue of trust

==========
Scene 1
Off Camera
==========

November of 2015, Final Level, that was the last time The Sisterhood of Angelica Jones and Kayla Jones had been SCW World Tag Team Champions.  It was on that night that they lost the titles to Gable Winchester and Autumn Valentine in a four way tag team match.  479 days, well over one year later, after overcoming obstacle after obstacle…

...defeating Winchester and Valentine twice in non-title action…

...defeating Team Desire…

...defeating Tainted Justice…

...and countless other obstacles too numerous to count.  Finally, well over one year later, the journey of The Sisterhood was complete.  They walked into Breakdown on March 15 and regained the SCW World Tag Team Championship after defeating Shaun Cruze and AJ Helms.

It’s been a long time coming for the Jones sisters, who have been fighting and clawing for this opportunity for so long.  And to finally get that opportunity and take full advantage and regain the titles should prove to be a time of celebration for the redhead Boston natives and, sure, the smiles upon their faces as they made their way back up the ramp to the backstage area, the way they celebrated with their newly won tag team title belts, it seemed as if happiness was in abundance…

...but deep down inside there was an unspoken tension that neither sibling wanted to admit to.  An unspoken tension that went completely ignored.  They chose to focus on the positive, the good, and just ignore the negative and hope it would go away.

“We did it!”

Angelica’s voice is full of shock and wonder as she is still in amazement that she and her younger sibling Kayla managed to defeat The Honor Code on Breakdown to become the new SCW World Tag Team Champions.  Angelica stares intensely at her championship belt as she walks the halls of the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia shortly after their match against Cruze and Helms concluded.  Her sister is next to her, with her own newly won tag team title belt draped over her right shoulder.

“Yeah, we did…”

Kayla’s voice trails off.  She seems a little distant and has been for a few days now.  Most think it’s been due to how focused she and Angelica have been on this tag team title match but there is something else there, hidden beneath everything else.  Something that has driven a wedge between the Sisterhood…

“I hate that we won it the way we did.”

“What do you mean?”

“Lexi Von Aaron getting involved.”

Kayla rolls her eyes.

“Who the hell cares?”

“But…”

“Angelica, look at this way, Lexi was aiming for you.  She was trying to attack you, which was illegal.  If the referee had seen it, we would’ve won by disqualification and thus had been screwed out of the titles.  Would that have been good?”

“No…”

“And had the referee not seen it, you had better believe Cruze and Helms would’ve taken advantage and pinned you.  You know that, right?”

Angelica sighs and nods her head reluctantly.

“I guess.”

“This sport is not as pure and honorable as Cruze and Helms make it out to be.  It’s naive for you to think  it is or it can be.”

Angelica and Kayla stop in front of their dressing room door.  Kayla turns and places a hand on Angelica’s shoulder.

“You did nothing wrong.”

She pats the title belt Angelica still holds in her hands.

“And you earned this.  Ok?”

The elder Jones sibling still has her doubts.  She wanted to beat Honor Code at their own game; honorably.  Lexi’s involvement did put that into some doubt but, Kayla made some good points.  Wouldn’t Cruze and Helms had taken advantage if they had the opportunity?  And there was the possibility of being disqualified had the referee seen it.  Now Angelica and Kayla stand here tonight as the SCW World Tag Team Champions, which is what they’ve been after for so long.  What is the problem?

There is no problem, at least in regards to the championships.  The only real problem is in regards to the  underlying issue which remains unspoken.  Neither sister dares bring it up in fear of breaking the uneasy truce that they have had for the past several days.  At issue is Angelica’s relationship with one Aphrodite Noel.

Kayla doesn’t trust Noel one iota.  She has seen what Noel’s charms has done to seemingly strong individuals.  She has seen how she has poisoned their lives and, in some cases, ruined them forever.  Yet Angelica seems willing to trust Aphrodite.  There is some chemistry there and a bond.  Angelica feels safe with Aphrodite despite the warnings from Kayla.

And therein lies the problem; Kayla feels unappreciated due to the fact that her warnings are going unheeded.  She kept silent regarding Angelica’s marriage to Lindsey Carter, knowing that it would fail, and sure enough, it did fail.  Kayla chose to speak up this time only to have everything thrown back into her face as if Angelica did not appreciate it.

It isn’t as if Angelica does not appreciate her sister’s warnings.  She knows Kayla means well, she just wishes she weren’t so domaneering about it.

This makes things very problematic for Angelica.  She enjoys her time with Aphrodite and she cannot deny the real chemistry there, and yet she also cannot stand the prospect of possibly tearing apart her relationship with Kayla as a result of this new relationship with Aphrodite.

Her lover Aphrodite or her sister Kayla; this is a choice Angelica does not want to have to make and yet it seems as if she is destined to make that choice one day.  Instead of choosing, Angelica and Kayla have decided to just ignore the elephant in the room.

Yes, Angelica and Kayla are tag team champions once more, but how long can they hold onto them now that there is real tension between the two?

Angelica forces a smile upon her face.

“Yeah, I earned this…”

“Good.  That’s what I want to hear.”

Kayla reaches for the door handle and pushes the dressing room door open.  Kayla steps inside first, finding Trenton Snow standing there, almost as if in wait upon his lovely wife Kayla.  He has a nervous smile upon his face.  The reason for the nerves is unknown but Kayla seems not to care or notice as she walks up to him and embraces him in a tight hug.

“Well this is a nice surprise!”

“Yeah, it sure is isn’t it?”

He plants a kiss on her cheek before looking at her much more seriously...

“We should probably go.”

“Go?  We just got done winning the tag titles!  We haven’t even had time to properly celebrate!”

She motions to Angelica who waves politely at Trenton.

“You haven’t even had time to greet Angelica!”

“Yeah, well, there’s a reason for…”

Suddenly Aphrodite Noel steps into the room.  Now it’s Angelica’s turn to light up like a Christmas tree as she embraces Noel in a tight hug.  Kayla, though, is glaring daggers through the two before turning to glare equally as strong at Trenton.

“I knew and your sister were going to win!”

Aphrodite says happily.

“Over 400 days...well over a year…”

Angelica kisses the title belt and then kisses Aphrodite.

“...it’s been a long time coming!”

Kayla growls under her breath.

“Did you know she was coming, Trenton?”

Trenton shakes his head.

“No.”

“Fine…”

She takes Trenton by his hand and proceeds to drag him towards the door.

“...we’ll leave the lovebirds to themselves.”

Angelica holds out her hand to try and stop Kayla and Trenton from leaving.

“Kayla, wait...this is a celebration, and…”

Kayla shakes her head.

“No, tonight was business.  We had business to take care of and we did it.  Now if you want to take care of your personal matters, go ahead.”

Angelica is clearly getting broken up by this as she fights back tears.

“But sis…”

“Angelica, I tried helping you but you are insistent upon ruining your life.  If you want to do that, fine.  I’m not your mother...as you pointed out…”

Not liking the way things are going, Aphrodite speaks up.

“Kayla!”

Aphrodite folds her arms.

“I am in the room, you know. This likely isn’t the best time, let’s be honest, it never will be the right time. Since we’re all here, anything you need to say to me, say it now.”

“Ok, but YOU asked for it.”

She points a finger at Aphrodite.

“I know how people like you operate, Aphrodite.  And I know exactly how this ends.  I know because I’ve seen how it ended with our cousins Glory and Julia.  Now this isn’t the first time my sister made a mistake regarding her relationships.  She’s made lots of them, actually, and I’ve remained silent.  I let her make her mistakes.”

She holds up one finger.

“This ONE time I chose to speak up because I don’t want to see her hurt herself again and yet I’m the villain?  Fine, I’ll tell you what I told Angelica.  I’ll step back and let her make the mistake.  This thing you and her have going is destined for failure and I’ll be there when Angelica realizes it.  She’ll come crawling back when you hurt her.”

Aphrodite scowls. She closes her eyes, takes a breath breath. Calmed down, she fixes her gaze on Kayla.

“Fair enough. You shouldn’t be so judgemental of people with checkered history.”

Aphrodite quickly looks at Trenton.

“Isn’t that right.”

Aphrodite focuses back on Kayla again.

“There were people who questioned the integrity of the man you married. People, I imagine, were telling you how big a mistake that was. No, Kayla, you’re not the villain. Me and Trenton know a thing or two about that. He ended up proving people wrong. I’m going to do the same, one day you’re going to eat crow. And you are going to apologize to me. When that day comes I’ll tell you that’s ok, you were only looking out for your sister, there is nothing to forgive. You, more than anyone, should know there are reasons why people are the way they are. But you don’t want to give me the same chance? Again, fair enough. I understand the reservations. I haven’t been the most honorable person. You can trust this. I care about your sister. I have no intention of hurting her.”

Aphrodite puts her arm around Angelica.

“For the first time in my life there is someone who understands me. That doesn’t pass judgement. Someone I can be myself around. That’s what I have to say. For now, we’re done here.”
“You’re right, we’re done.  But know this, you have no idea what Angelica has been through.  It’s too early in your relationship for you to know.  She doesn’t share her darkest, deepest secrets until later.  Safe to say, she’s been through hell.  And if you DO hurt her...or should I say, WHEN you hurt her, I will be there to kick your teeth right down your throat.”

Kayla grabs Trenton and drags him out the door.  Angelica has remained completely quiet this entire time until now.  She sighs and shakes her head.

“I...I’m sorry about Kayla.  She means well, but…”

Her voice trails off as she doesn’t quite know what to say. Aphrodite grabs her hand.

“It’s okay. We both knew she wasn’t going to approve of us. I do feel bad our relationship is causing you two to fight. She’ll either accept us or not. I don’t care either way.”

Tears form in Angelica’s eyes.

“I know, and I agree with you.  She’ll have to accept us or just get over it.  But I…”

She reaches up and wipes some of the flowing tears from her eyes.

“...we’ve had fights before, fights worse than this one.  There were times that we split and I thought we would never talk again.  I blamed myself for nearly running her out of my life.  I know in my head that it wasn’t entirely my fault but my heart says otherwise, and now to see it happening all over again…”

Angelica pauses, unable to find the appropriate words.  Sighing after a few seconds she continues.

“...Aphrodite, she practically told me the other day that she’s in this to keep the Sisterhood going.  That’s it.  And up until tonight we’ve been trying to ignore the elephant in the room.  I just don’t know what to do.”

Aphrodite wraps her arms around Angelica.

“Is there anything I can do to fix this?”

“This isn’t your fault.  Hell, this isn’t even my fault.  This is Kayla...it’s something she has to deal with.  She has to learn to trust and that’s something she’s had a hard time with.  She doesn’t trust anyone.  She barely trusts me sometimes.  And there’s a reason for that…”

Angelica shakes her head.

“...nevermind.  I said too much already.”

“You don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to. But know this. No one is coming between us. I’m fighting for what we’re trying to build. I believe we can work. If it doesn’t, it won’t be because of Kayla and it won’t be because she’ll will end up being right about me. If we’re not the right fit, we’re not, I believe we are. I see nothing swaying me from my belief. Let’s get out of here, put what just happened behind us.”

Aphrodite kisses Angelica.

“I can be an excellent distraction.”




==========
Scene 2
Off Camera
==========

It’s been a few weeks since The Sisterhood regained the SCW World Tag Team Championship on Breakdown by defeating Honor Code.  Angelica and Kayla realize that the rematch is coming up on pay per view, Broken Beliefs, and that a few days in advance of that title defense, Angelica herself will get the opportunity to gain some much needed momentum as she faces off against AJ Helms one on one on Breakdown from Pittsburgh.  It’s singles action, it’s not for the titles, nothing is on the line except pride, and momentum.  Angelica and Kayla would normally have all the momentum in the world, considering they just won the tag titles, but there is still tension that threatens to split the very fabric of The Sisterhood.

Angelica Jones wants to take care of this tension once and for all.

The Cafe Fifth Avenue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is alive with activity. Angelica Jones is sitting at a table in the far corner of the restaurant with a glass of water.  She is not alone.  She is joined this lovely afternoon by another female, but it isn’t her sister Kayla nor is it her lover Aphrodite Noel…

...it’s Angelica’s cousin, Glory Braddock.

“I have to admit, I am somewhat surprised you invited me here.”

Glory, unlike her cousin, has an alcoholic beverage; a glass of red wine.  Glory takes a sip and sighs pleasantly as she sets the glass back down.

“Breakdown, then?”

“Yeah, Breakdown.  Supreme Championship Wrestling Breakdown and I’m facing AJ Helms one on one.”

“Right, David’s kid, innit? You already beat him and that bloke Shaun Cruze for the tag straps.”

Angelica nods her head.

“I did, well Kayla and I did, but this time it’s just one on one.  And there’s still the threat of that idiot Lexi getting involved.”

“Lexi Helms?”

Angelica rolls her eyes.

“Yeah, that’s her…”

Glory chuckles as she takes another sip of her wine.

“Yeah, you’ll do fine.  I can’t wait to see you compete, and I am happy that you and Kayla are tag champs again.”

Angelica smiles.

“It’s great to have the belts back, Glory, that’s for damn sure.  It’s been over a year since we had them.  I just wish…”

Angelica’s voice trails off.  Glory immediately notices something wrong and studies her intensely.

“Something wrong, mate?”

“Well it’s kind of the reason I wanted you here for Breakdown…”

“Ulterior motives then?”

Angelica smiles sheepishly and Glory smirks.

“Sorry…”

“Ah, bloody hell, that’s ok!  You’re my cousin, we’re family.  And besides…”

Glory reaches across the table and takes Angelica’s hand.

“...I did a lot of things in the past that nearly ruined what we had.  I nearly let greed and jealousy, among other things, destroy us.  I’m glad that I get to be here with you and Kayla and spend time with you, to repair what we had.”

“I’m glad to hear you say that, because you can definitely help me with something...or rather someone…”

Glory sighs as she sits back in her chair.

“Aphrodite.  Right?”

Angelica chuckles as she takes a swig of her water.

“I’m that obvious?”

“Well, let’s just say that you have a very public feud with your sister Kayla over your very public relationship with Aphrodite Noel...so who else to turn to but me?”

Angelica nods her head.

“Yes, I admit, you were the first one I thought of to talk to about this whole thing.  Kayla insists that I’m making a mistake.  She insists that Aphrodite will ruin me much like she ruined...um…”

Glory smirks.

“Like she ruined me, eh?”

“Yeah.”

“For starters, I’m not ruined.  Do I look ruined to you?”

Angelica chuckles.

“No.”

“Right...now as far as Aphrodite goes, she is quite the charmer.  That much is true.  I lost my freedom to her in a match.  You remember that.  But eventually I won my freedom back and do you remember what happened next?  I chose to stay with her.  Do you know why I chose to stay?”

Angelica shrugs her shoulders.

“No idea.”

“Everyone loves to say it was Stockholm Syndrome but they’re wrong.  I stayed with her because she gave me something I had always wanted.  She cared about me the way my own mother never cared about me.  Officially we went our separate ways only because she asked me to, but I always stand by her side if she needs me, and I will always defend her.  Is she a saint?”

Glory shakes her head.

“No, but is anyone really a saint?  We all have flaws.  And Aphrodite does have a good side to her if you look hard enough.  Kayla loved to harp on about how Trenton had a good side to him that none of us could see, that he kept hidden.  Tell me, Angelica...do you see a good side in Aphrodite that perhaps she keeps hidden from public view?”

Angelica stops to think.  As she ponders this question a smile crosses her face and she nods her head.

“Yes, yes I do.”

“That’s good, maybe you do see what I see, and if so then there is hope for your relationship.  But there’s still one thing Angelica, one issue you need to work out, because Kayla isn’t the only one with trust issues, is she?”

Angelica furrows her brow as she sips her water.

“Huh?  What do you mean?”

“You may trust Aphrodite more than Kayla does, but there is still some trust issues there.  Otherwise, why would you talk to me about it instead of confronting Aphrodite yourself?”

“Um…”

Angelica sighs as she bows her head in shame.

“...good point.”

“Look at me, Angelica.”

Angelica looks up into her cousin’s bright smiling eyes.

“Just talk to Aphrodite.  Trust me, that good you see in her is not fake.  It’s real.  Just give her a chance.”



==========
On Camera
==========

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is a city of champions.  The Pittsburgh Penguins are four time Stanley Cup Champions, the Pittsburgh Pirates are five time World Series Champions, and the Pittsburgh Steelers are six time Super Bowl Champions…

...granted they are NOT the New England Patriots, but still it is impressive…

...point is, Pittsburgh is a city of champions and they will play host to champions when Breakdown rolls into town.  The Sisterhood, two time and reigning SCW World Tag Team Champions, are coming to the Steel City for Breakdown just days in advance of Broken Beliefs where we will defend the championships against The Honor Code in a rematch.

Broken Beliefs, from New Jersey, may be the host of the tag team title rematch between The Sisterhood and Honor Code, but the Steel City gets to play host to the tag title preview between The Firestar and The New Jersey Legacy.

This match is all about momentum but let’s be perfectly clear about who needs the momentum…

AJ Helms and Shaun Cruze.

AJ, you and Shaun have had a rocky road for quite awhile now, not just since you lost the titles to Kayla and me.  Ever since Lexi Von Aaron decided to get her nose in your business you’ve seemingly been on a downward spiral.  You got kidnapped and damn near forcibly married her, you lost Shot of Adrenaline, and to top it all off you lost the World Tag Team Championship.

Now you get your tag title rematch at Broken Beliefs and Kayla and I are glad to give it to you.  Quite frankly, I’m not happy that Lexi got involved in the title match that ended up costing you the gold.   I know that we had you beat, but she still had to stick her nose in our business and then her knee struck Cruze and, well, the rest is history.

Now people have an excuse as to why Honor Code lost. Not that YOU or Shaun would use that as an excuse.  I know you better than that and I know you two are not ones to make excuses.  But others may make the excuses for you, or critics of The Sisterhood may use that as an excuse as to why we won.

I know why won….we won because we were the better team.  And at Broken Beliefs, we’ll prove it.  But make no mistake about it, at Broken Beliefs, the pressure is on Honor Code to get the job done.  Kayla and I do not have to win the match to remain champions.  But you two do have to defeat us in order to regain the titles.

That’s why you need this win on Breakdown, AJ.  You need the win because you need the momentum.  You already have enough working against you from the championship advantage to Lexi Von Aaron’s mere presence.  You need something, you need that little something extra to give you that push that you need…

...perhaps a victory against Angelica Jones is just what the doctor ordered?

The problem for you is that The Sisterhood holds all the cards.  Even if you do manage to beat me on Breakdown, then Kayla and I still have the championship advantage.  But you and Shaun need some momentum heading into Broken Beliefs.

And you NEED to get rid of Lexi Von Aaron.

You may win on Breakdown and that win keeps your hopes of regaining the tag titles alive.  But imgaine if you lose to me on Breakdown.  It could happen.  I am a two time SCW World Tag Team Champion.  I could go into my other accomplishments from other companies but I won’t, you know who the hell I am and what I’ve done anyway.

So imagine if I were to beat you on Breakdown.  Here’s your situation…

No championship advantage.

No momentum.

AND you still have Lexi Von Aaron distracting you.

This match is very important, not as much for me as it is for you. I could torpedo Honor Code’s chances of regaining the gold on Breakdown right here in Pittsburgh before we even make it to New Jersey and Broken Beliefs.  By defeating you one on one I take the wind out of your sails.  Any momentum you hoped to build up would be stopped dead in its track.  You’d be spinning wheels hoping against all hope to get traction in time for Broken Beliefs.

If you beat me, you get your momentum heading into that tag title match, and yeah, then we’re on an even keel, and you have your one chance, your one hope at regaining the championships…

...but that one hope will be dashed when The Sisterhood beats The Honor Code yet again to prove to our doubters and critics that it was no fluke and that we are for real.

I will give credit where credit is due.  AJ Helms, you are one of the best pure athletes I have ever faced.  You’ve taken SCW by storm since your debut, winning a Trios Tournament and winning the tag team titles. Imagine where you could have been had it not been for that distraction named Lexi Von Aaron?

But that’s not my problem.  That’s YOUR problem.  I’m here to wrestle and win because I’m pretty damn good at it.  While I do want to win honorably, I do not see it as my job to bring honor back to the sport.  If you see it as your job to do that, fine...more power to you...but that isn’t my job.  My job in this sport is to win.

It’s as simple as that, AJ.

I will sacrifice, I will bleed, and I will pay the price in order to win.  And if your little stalker Lexi Von Aaron gets in my way, I’ll take her out.  I’ll put her on the shelf and put her out of your misery myself if she gets in the way of me doing what I do best.

And what I do best, AJ, is win.  And you have to stop me from winning.  You NEED to stop me from winning in order to get that much needed momentum, because if you fail, if you get beat again, then it’s over for you and Shaun.

It’ll over for Honor Code.

So bring everything you have to the table, AJ.  Bring it all and bring it on.  I want the best The New Jersey has to offer, because you will get the absolute best of The Firestar, and I won’t promise to kick any of your teeth down your throat, but I can tell you that this Firestar will burn you alive because she’s too hot too handle!

No comments:

Post a Comment